Whether you’re a fan of strolling along a picturesque lake, feeding the ducks and geese, or bicycling through a park landscape feeling the wind rushing your face, when the weather is right, you’ve got plenty of options.
Here are a few ideas to consider when you want to take the family on an outdoor excursion.
- Get thee to the zoo! Who doesn’t love to see the wild animals, especially the little ones? It’s more likely that you’ll see the animals out and about when the weather is moderate. Once it’s hot, they’ll hide in the shade or indoors.
- Get some air back into your bike tires, don the helmets, and find a nice safe place to ride with the family. Many cities provide wonderful bike trail systems that keep you away from heavy traffic and that allow you to feel like you’re away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Are you up for a good hike? While some people prefer hiking trails, others prefer to rough it, trudging their way through the back country. Always respect private property, and make sure you’ve got your bearings! It’s also always a good idea to let someone know where you’re at just in case you get lost.
- The park is always a good idea for the kiddos. Wide open green spaces where they can burn off some pent-up energy, and let’s not forget the playground, full of fun slides, swing sets, climbing walls, and more!
- If you own dogs, they’re probably antsy for some outdoor fun as well. Find a good dog park where your pooch can run free, and even socialize with other canines.
- Limited on time? Take a fifteen minute walk wherever you are. The activity will re-energize your body and your brain.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you take along some bottled water for hydration, and don’t forget the snacks! Cut up fruits and veggies are always a great idea, but make sure you take some whole grain goodness like Nature’s Habit granola snacks, available in convenient 4 oz. packages or more shareable sizes in 11 and 12 oz. packages.